Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Pain

I'm a single Asian male, dark hair, light eyes.
Long walks through the park and a lot of them lies
I'm a little bit jaded by a lot of what I see
So if you're still interested you should come and get at me
Cause I'm tired of getting shot down, put down, and dissed.
I wanna be picked up, held tight, and kissed.
But things like this don't happen to dudes like me
Cause I'm more Coldplay than I am Ice-T
They say that good girls love bad guys, and that might be
But a bad girl with a good guy that's unlikely
So what's a man to do to get to hold hands with you?
Do I talk shit, stand, and look hard with my crew?
I don't know what to do so I drown in my drink
It helps to numb the pain
Cause when I sit and think about it
Eyes get clouded, thoughts get crowded.
So I'mma sit right here and wait for you to talk about it

It's a easy let down but don't let it get you down
That's what my boys told me
But end of the night I was still sitting lonely
If only I could find 'em
Without all the drama, without the one liners
Excuse me miss, hey ma, you got a man? What's your name
I'm almost in my 20s so enough with the games
Simply put I think you're stunning, and what about some kids?
Couple dogs, couple cars, a four bedroom crib
I'm not trying to jib I'm just speaking from the heart
But we can start with a drink if you wanna play it smart

And good women in my life, there's only been two
My mother being one, and the other one is done
So my philosophy on dating is ain't no fun.


I've had this song for a couple years now but I've never actually listened to it. It came up on my shuffle while driving today. I normally skip over it but I decided to because of the mellow sound. It really spoke out to me, every part of it, not just the quoted. Murs is one of my favorite artists so I'm surprised I never listened to all his songs closely. I was really touched I've been listening to it on repeat all day.

No comments: